faithfreedom.org 7 March 2013
By Louis Palme
Sharia Law reveals an impassible gulf between Islamic and Western law. Western societies believe that every individual is endowed by our Creator with certain inalienable rights, the most important of which is the protection from violence.
The state has the responsibility of protecting those rights, and it holds a monopoly on use of force to ensure the citizens rights. Islams legal system is radically different: the father is a "governor or "administrator of his extended family. That is, he is a sovereign within his domestic realm, and he has an obligation to use violence to control his wife, children, and others. That alone makes Sharia Law incompatible with the Western concept of human rights.
U.S. Constitution, Bill of Rights:
Article 5 No person shall . . . be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law.
California Penal Code:
Section 73.5 (Prohibits Domestic Abuse), Section 43(e)(1) (Prohibits Battery), Section 22 (Prohibits Terrorist Threats) Penalties include fines, community service, and up to three years in prison
Islamic Sharia Law*:
1. Obligation to Command the Right and Forbid the Wrong Muslims are obligated to discipline others. If censuring with harsh words, breaking things, or intimidation does not work, Muslims are obligated "to directly hit or kick the person, or use similar measures that do not involve weapons. (Section q5.8)
2. Wife beating "[A husband] may hit her, but not in a way that injures her, meaning he may not break bones, wound her, or cause blood to flow. (Section m10.12)
3. Honor killing "The following are not subject to retaliation: a father or mother for killing their offspring, or offsprings offspring. (Section o1.2(4))
4. Killing an apostate "There is no indemnity for killing an apostate. Or any expiation, since it is killing someone who deserves to die. (Section o8.4)
5. Obligation to engage in Jihad "Jihad is a communal obligation upon Muslims each year. (Section o9.1) The objective of jihad is: "The caliph makes war upon Jews, Christians, and Zoroastrians until they become Muslim or else pay the non-Muslim poll tax. (Section o9.8)
* The most complete concise source book for Islamic Sharia Law is "Reliance of the Traveler, which can be accessed on-line at: http://www.shafiifiqh.com/maktabah/relianceoftraveller.pdf . Or, just type "Reliance of the Traveller on your search engine. References in the text are to this manual. This manual is approved by Al Azhar University (Cairo) and the U.S.-based International Institute of Islamic Thought. (continue reading...)